Scott has spoken extensively on a variety of topics in the areas of Infotech, Nanotech and Cleantech. He is available for future speaking engagements and interviews. You can contact him via the form on the Contact page of this Website.
Upcoming Speaking Engagements
No speaking engagements are currently scheduled – check back here for upcoming speaking engagements.
Previous Speaking Engagements
In the past, Scott has spoken at numerous conferences including:
- Think Big Kansas City 2011
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) Silicon Valley 2011
- Deutsche Börse NanoEquity Europe 2005
- Red Herring Spring Conference 2005
- Small Times NanoCon International 2006
- IBF’s Nanotechnology Investing Forum 2003 & 2005
- NSTI’s Nanotech 2003, 2004 & 2005
- NBA’s NanoBusiness 2003 & 2005
- Foresight Advanced Nanotechnology Conference 2002, 2004 & 2005
- Foresight Senior Associates Gathering 2003
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers Emerging Technologies Forum 2005
- NSS International Space Development Conference 2005
- Berkeley Nanotechnology Forum 2005
- SEMI NanoForum 2004
- CAFE’ – Current Affairs Foreign Events at the University Club 2004
- The World Nano-Economic Congress – US & Europe 2003
- Stanford GSB’s Conference on Entrepreneurship 2002
- I2Nano * Investments – Information – Nanotechnology 2002
- Nanotech Planet 2002
- Strategic Research Institute’s NanoFinance 2002
- Wall Street Journal Europe’s BioFinance Roundtable 2001
- BioMEMS & Biomedical Nanotechnology World 2001
- Digital World
- Information Industry Association (now Software & Information Industry Association)
- National Educational Media Festival and Intermedia.
As well as to groups including:
- Silicon Valley Association of Software Entrepreneurs
- Berkeley Entrepreneurs Forum
- The International Business Incubator (now US Market Access Center)
- Accelrys, Inc. (now BIOVIA, a division of Dassault Systèmes)
- Firsthand Capital Management
- World Nichiei Securities (now SBI Group)
- Xerox PARC
- White & CaseGray Cary Ware & Freidenrich (now DLA Piper),
And has served as Event Chair for:
- Foresight Advanced Nanotechnology Conference 2005
- The MIT•Stanford•Berkeley Nanotechnology Forum – 2004
- The SDForum Nanotechnology Series – 2004.
Master of Ceremonies for The Gigabit Challenge (2012)
As part of his role with The Gigabit Challenge, Scott served as one of the MCs for the event.
A Question to Steve Jobs at the BCS Macintosh Launch (1984)
Steve Jobs launched the Macintosh at Apple’s annual shareholder meeting on January 24, 1984. It is the stuff of tech-history legend. What’s not so well remembered: Jobs did it all twice, in less than a week. Six days after unveiling the Mac at the Flint Center on the De Anza College campus near the company’s headquarters in Cupertino, he performed his show all over again at the monthly general meeting of the Boston Computer Society. You can see video of the entire event courtesy of TIME here. You are encouraged to enjoy this bit of history. You can also see a very young, mustachio’d Scott Mize that was lucky enough to be in the audience and asked a question of Steve near the end of the presentation. It is at 1:00:22 into the video.